Facebook, WEVE, Microsoft, Google and eBay set to headline Mobile Engage.
The first half of 2012 saw spend on mobile advertising rise by 132% to £181.5 million*. The Internet Advertising Bureau UK (IAB) digital ad spend figures demonstrate that there is no doubt that the medium is reaching the masses as an increasing amount of brands put marketing budgets behind the discipline as a leading advertising channel.
The IAB will be celebrating the medium on Thursday 16th May with its largest mobile event of the year, Mobile Engage. This year’s event will take place in the newly refurbished, Mermaid Centre in Blackfriars with media partners, The Drum supporting the event. Mobile Engage will feature presentations and discussions from a range of industry experts across the whole mobile landscape.
Outlining the key developments in the mobile space will be:
• Media owners Google, Microsoft and Facebook who will address cross device platforms and social media on the move
• WEVE, eBay and Visa will discuss the acceleration and developments of mobile commerce and wallet services in the UK
• Main sponsors Videology will take part in a panel on new ad technologies
• Mobile privacy will be addressed by the Information Commissioner’s Office
• Dual screening, mobile privacy and real time advertising will also feature high on the packed agenda at the full day event.
Check out our list of industry expert speakers here.
This year we're also allowing you to shape agenda for the day by voting for a session of your choice. Vote here.
The IAB’s Director of Mobile and Operations, Jon Mew said: “With consumers increasingly using mobile devices across every aspect of their lives, it’s really important to ensure brands are with them on this journey. Mobile Engage will provide marketers with the opportunity to hear from some of the best in the industry and learn a huge amount. We’re proud to say that this event has now become a not-to-be-missed industry mainstay.”