A report by the IAB UK and ValueClick, based on 2,000 interviews carried out by Kantar Media - 650 face-to-face and 1,350 online.
The report reveals:
• Over half (52%) of UK consumers are happy to see online advertising because it supports online services and content at little or no cost
• 55% said they would rather see online advertising relevant to their interests; 59% would rather see a lower number of relevant ads online than a higher number of less relevant ones
• Nearly half (45%) would like to control the type of advertising they see online
• Half of UK consumers have deleted cookies from their computers in the last six months while one in five deletes cookies every week
• Six in 10 people said they can live more cheaply because of the internet
To access the Bite Size version of this research, click here.
|Consumers and Online Privacy 2012.pptxdisplayed 1 time||3.2 MB|