What we do
The Regulatory Affairs & Public Policy team seeks to promote a policy environment that sustains the long-term growth of digital advertising. We represent our members’ interests at both UK and EU level to enhance understanding of and support for digital advertising and its benefits. We do this through:
Advocacy & Engagement
- Educating and informing UK and EU policy-makers, raising the profile of the industry amongst them.
- Advocating at UK and EU level on key legislative matters (e.g. draft EU Data Protection Regulation).
- Liaising with other IABs, including the US and in Europe, industry bodies and other stakeholders on policy and regulatory issues.
- Keeping the market up-to-date on regulatory and policy issues.
Self-Regulation & Good Practice
- Developing, promoting and maintaining support amongst key stakeholders for the UK advertising industry’s self-regulatory approach.
- Implementing EU Good Practice for targeting advertising, as well as initiatives such as tackling ad misplacement and copyright infringement.
- Developing market guidance to help deliver greater consumer transparency in content marketing.
- Representing the interests of the digital advertising sector with the UK industry’s advertising regulatory bodies (ASA/CAP).
Read more about our current work on our Policy Issues page.